03.16.2011 / Making Me Happy
These images are making me happy
I’ve been at my desk a lot and plan to be for the next couple of weeks while working on special project.  Now more than ever I want an inspiration board.  My impatience might see me to just tacking things straight to the wall.  But alas, I did something I only do about once a year.  I went to Wal-Mart. I walked the aisles and bought 2 bulletin boards and a staple gun, now I just need some fabric and I’m hoping to replicate this/this).  This should be a pretty simple project.  At least it’s simple in my head.  And unfortunately, I’m a lot more crafty in my head than I am with my hands.
And then there is the lamp.  I want it badly {have you seen anything like it, anywhere?}.

No rhyme or reason to this image except that it makes me happy.  Pretty much all organized shoe photos are having that effect on me lately.

And one last desk that also makes me want to sit and work for awhile.  But really truly, you know I’ve been thinking, talking about and dragging my feet on ordering ghost chairs for my dining room.  Well today is the day.  I’m just going to do it.  I’ve decided to go with the knock off ones.  The real ones are just not in my budget and with 4 little ones I’d be freaking about scratches and the like.  I’m trying to be more of a doer than just a thinker and a planner.  So this and the inspiration board are two things to check off the list and that too is making me pretty happy.

image . ? . Lonny . ?

12 Comments

commented on March 16th 2011 at 4:45am

Lisa's inspiration board is just gorgeous…i understand why these shoe cupboards make you happy…organised storage is always theraputic!
I been wanting to invest in panton chairs for my dining table..but the cost of the whole set( the monster seats 8)…as well as having a 2yr old curious boy in the house has made me have a rethink…i'll be going for 6 upholsterd chairs and put 2 pantons at the two ends!mixing always looks better!!
do check out my gilt-themed post today and you can follow my blog..if you like!! xx meenal

commented on March 16th 2011 at 6:38am

Those images are truly cool inspirations…
you got me thinking of having a board of pics too in my home office ♥

commented on March 16th 2011 at 9:21am

awesome inspirations :) Love love the shoe cupboards, I think every girl dreams of having one :P

commented on March 16th 2011 at 12:11pm

Congrats – you are getting the ghost chairs!!

commented on March 16th 2011 at 6:17pm

I LOVE the photos! Gorgoeus!
Greatost!
BeSt!
Jamie Herzlinger

commented on March 16th 2011 at 9:39pm

do it. go for the ghost chairs. actually, when i saw the photo in this post the first thing I thought was, oh good, she bought some ghost chairs – and even put a faux fur cushion on one. It's out there so go for it. Use the cheaper ones until you get others or maybe the cheaper ones will end up being exactly right. treat yourself to espresso and a scone too.

commented on March 17th 2011 at 6:30am

love the last one, that's stunning! there's something about an office/study that really gets me in. LOVE them, even more than closets. and that's saying something!

jxx

commented on March 17th 2011 at 12:08pm

OK….I am thinking you could buy a lamp with that shape and paint it just like this one….voila!!!
have done it myself ;)

commented on March 17th 2011 at 3:43pm

I love the inspiration board! I think I need one, perhaps being an editor with ADD would make my idea's feel more organized than the messy desk in my head. By the way, glue guns=magic with crafts. YOu will be as crafty in real life as you are in your head.

commented on March 17th 2011 at 7:31pm

I too have been wanting to make an inspiration board forever but have been too lazy, I think I might do the same as you and stop at Wally mart, sounds like a good/easy idea(also in my head though). Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

commented on March 17th 2011 at 8:11pm

this makes me happy too!

commented on April 18th 2011 at 8:27pm

I love making memory boards shame I dont live over there I could have helped you will be okay Trina if you do an apolstered one cover the wadding with a calico fabric first so the top fabric will be smother & will not have any fibers poking through, then with the ribbon I always pin it at the back before I staple to make sure its all in place, have fun looking forward to seeing it :)

Boy do I wish I had a shoe wardrobe like that isnt it devine!! :)