fave friday
October 21, 2011

Source: Uploaded by user via Kate on Pinterest

Happy Fridays.  Another week gone by.  I hope yours was one you were almost sad to see go. But hey, here comes another one right at you with a nice weekend smushed right between.  I just finished parent teacher conferences.  L was tardy 21 times [I should not tell you this, but maybe it will make you laugh and better yet maybe it will make you take a sigh + you can say to yourself, "phew someone else is always late + can't do it all" And if that is you... tell me, so I can be the one saying, "phew someone else is always late + can't do it all" too!].  Well, I was informed that 3 tardies = 1 absence.  If we look at it like that then he basically was absent for a total of 7 days.  And either way you look at it 7 is way better than 21.  Don’t you think?  And as a side note…his sister, whom is dropped off at the very same time only made out with 9 tardies?  Not quite sure how that worked out.

So before I get to next week and putting all my energy into being on time in the mornings I’m excited about the weekend.  I’m hoping to get the new iphone [my contract expired at just the right time], date night tonight with the mister and tomorrow I’m brining dinner to my friends who’ve just had a sweet new babe.

Oh and aren’t these pancakes like the sweetest?  And speaking of elephants… have you seen Coldplay’s new Paradise video?  At little strange but I’m kind of obsessed with it [more elephants]. Because only they could make this cool.

Ok here are the rest of the links.  Have a lovely weekend lovelies!

Possibly the most useful page you’ve seen online all week

Have you found your passion? Do you do what you love? I love these exercises from who else but Oprah

A smoothie without a blender

If bling is your thing, you’ll want to try this

An IKAT DIY that is perfect for a party

image | Pinterest |

7 Comments

commented on October 21st 2011 at 2:25pm

gasp! thank you for including me in your friday favs!!
what fun!!

and the most useful page?! LOVE IT!! pretty clever stuff…

xoxo

commented on October 21st 2011 at 3:09pm

Can’t remember the last time I was on time to work. With getting the kids ready, dropping them off, and my commute, I don’t stand a chance. I gave up on it long ago. :-) Happy weekend!

commented on October 21st 2011 at 7:06pm

Tardies all depend on the teacher. I had one in high school that marked you tardy even if you were a minute late. I was constantly ordered to detentions (their way of dealing with tardies), but I never had to serve one because the woman who ran them knew I was a good, smart kid. Figures.

The elephant pancake is adorable and I’d never be able to eat it because I wouldn’t know where to begin.

Have a great weekend, Trina! It sounds like you have some fun things planned!

commented on October 21st 2011 at 8:24pm

We seem to always be late…seriously. And exactly the same situation with my daughter: huge discrepancy between her tardies and my son’s. So random! I’m just glad my youngest’s teacher doesn’t count tardies yet. :)
Have a great weekend!

commented on October 23rd 2011 at 1:38am

We just about make it phew its hard some times hey!!! At least the kids are getting to school shame they cannot be a bit more understanding. Love the pancakes I darn’t show it to Joshua as I just know he will be sending me out to find the elephant shape to make them!! Hee x

commented on October 25th 2011 at 9:25am

Hi Trina,
I just awarded you a Versatile Blogger award. Details here: http://whitecabana.wordpress.com/2011/10/25/celebration-the-versatile-blogger-award/
J