suitcase_La La Lovely

dots_La La Lovely

jammies_La La Lovely

shoes_La La Lovely

pattern shirts_La La Lovely

class necessities_La La Lovely

dresses_La-La-Lovely

so who heading to ALT SUMMIT next week?   this will be my 3rd year attending and i have to say i’ve learned a thing or two along the way.  for instance . . . what to pack.  if this is your first time, than i hope this photo journal will help give you some ideas.

you’ll need / /

+accessories – you know the stuff the makes the outfit or takes it from one to two outfits.  this is my new favorite necklace!

+polk dots - are always popular (and so are stripes).  this bow ads instant fun to any outfit.

+comfy - is good because every night is like a slumber party.  i’m bringing these.

+shoes - i say bring as many as you can fit.  i always opt for practical and pretty.  my new favorites.

+patterns - are always popular.  you’ll probably see me wearing this shirt.

+school supplies - sort of.  don’t forget your business cards, a notebook, good pen, your camera, iPad or computer and some mints to share with your new friends.  this case keeps things cheerful.

+a dress - or two.  i like going a bit simple and dressing it up.  i’ll be dolling up this dress, with some accessories, for the clue party.

so there you have it.  don’t worry, i’m not bringing all this, but i will be overpacking because i just always do. i guess i like to be over prepared.

what about you friends, do you over pack for trips? or do you plan out every outfit?  i’d love to know.

if you are going to ALT… i’d love to meet you!  and if you’d like to know about any other item pictured, just let me know.

25 Comments

commented on January 18th 2013 at 2:58am

Love it! Your styling for that first photo is so creative and fresh. And I love that teal dress with the little dots from Anthropologie–totally wish I had it in my closet!

replied on January 19th, 2013 at 9:45pm

Thanks, kate… that is was a lot of fun to create!

commented on January 18th 2013 at 5:58am

Love the styling and presentation! And the stripes and polka dots of course…

replied on January 19th, 2013 at 9:39pm

thank you!

commented on January 18th 2013 at 6:20am

Dear Trina, Thank you for the beautiful posts…i ogled them several times. – layout so peaceful and beautiful. Have you thought of writing a La La Book? All my fondest from a stormy, snowey Vienna, Austria.

replied on January 19th, 2013 at 9:39pm

thank you! oh, i would LOVE too, one day. it would be a dream come true! xo . t

commented on January 18th 2013 at 8:47am

how is it fair that you own only the most awesome stuff? love it all and hope you have a stellar time at ALT, thanks for giving us a peek at your lovely ensembles (though i should say, i’m feeling extra dumpy and lame as a result :) ) have the best time!

replied on January 19th, 2013 at 9:38pm

oh no…. i don’t want to make anyone feel dumpy. if it makes you feel any better, most days i feel pretty dumpy sporting my yoga pants and the t-shirt i slept in. that’s the truth. but it is fun to get dressed up for things likes this :) xo . trina ….maybe i’ll have to do a photo essay or pic of “most days.”

commented on January 18th 2013 at 8:51am

Where did you get those adorable polka dot notebooks?!

replied on January 19th, 2013 at 9:36pm

i got them in a little shop in tucson but they are buy o-check.net. i swear i’ve someone someone else selling them online but i can’t remember where i saw them. but you can order them here too : http://www.and-spring.com/

replied on January 19th, 2013 at 9:47pm

k…just saw the notebooks are all sold out in the link i sent you. you can get this tinier version here : http://www.shopterrain.com/product/polkda-dot-notebook-small

commented on January 18th 2013 at 7:26pm

i would LOVE to know where you got the long geometric/tribal inspired necklace.

replied on January 19th, 2013 at 9:32pm

the necklace is from story company…. shopping for a good cause is a win win! here is the link:

commented on January 19th 2013 at 12:19pm

Thank you for this incredible photo journal! It’s so well (and cutely!) put together.
I’m spending a good chunk of the weekend organizing my outfits. An obscene amount of polka dots will definitely be packed, along with more shoes than I can probably wear. So yes, I’m an over packer. You have to be prepared for all occasions and moods!
Excited to meet you (and find your lovely blog)!

replied on January 19th, 2013 at 9:29pm

thank you! sounds like we have simliar methods. i’m sure i’ll even be changing a few things up before the suitcase is zipped up! hope to meet you! xo . trina

commented on January 19th 2013 at 4:04pm

Can’t wait to see you there, Tina!

replied on January 19th, 2013 at 9:28pm

so glad you are going to be there elisabeth! can’t wait to meet in person! xo . trina

commented on January 19th 2013 at 5:00pm

I’ll be attending ALT for the first time this year! I can’t wait. I will be looking out for those glitter boots of yours! I have a pair which look super similar by aldo. You’ve got good taste!

I’m just starting to get my packing list together. Hope you’re having a great weekend!

replied on January 19th, 2013 at 9:28pm

thank you! are you brining your glitter boots? i’ll be looking out for them! hope to meet you. you will love ALT! xo . trina

replied on January 20th, 2013 at 12:01am

Trina, I will be bringing them!!! It was love at first sight, as I’m sure it was with you as well :) Yes, yes, I hope to meet you as well… I’ll be looking out for you, shoe twin!

commented on January 22nd 2013 at 1:07pm

Adorable post! So jealous! Wish I was going and that I could see you! Where did you get that adorable polka dot laptop case? It’s adorable! XX

replied on January 31st, 2013 at 7:34pm

hi melissa….it is actually a clutch that i got at anthro last year. i get so many compliments on it ;) xo . t

commented on January 25th 2013 at 3:38pm

I’ll take one of each please! Yowza, wonderfully stylish things!! xo!

commented on July 16th 2013 at 10:11am

This is the best post ever! SO FUN. I’m heading to Alt tomorrow for the first time and now I have a better understanding of what to pack :)

xo