Boys Room / Land of Nod

boysroom_La La Lovely

boysroom2_La La Lovely

boysroom3_La La Lovely

boysroom4_La La Lovely

boysroom7_La La Lovely

boysroom5_La La Lovely

this week i’m sharing some out takes from my boys room featured in the Land of Nod catalog.

welcome to luke and liam’s room.  did you know this used to be my room growing up (well at least until the 7th grade when i moved all my belongings to the basement in an effort to not share a room with my sister anymore)?  if you are new here, i should mention that i live in the house i grew up in.  it’s crazy.  it’s awesome.  it’s weird.  but mostly it’s super cool.  i’ve watched this room, in particular, go through many makeovers over the years according to who resided in it.  at first it was my sister and i (ages 9 + 4, to start with).  than just my sister for the longest of times.  then when my family (as in my husband and i) moved back in it became my daughters room (this is her room now) and then we moved everyone around when # 4 came along.  now my two middle boys share this room.  and come to think of it, it is the first time boys have lived in this room which is, in fact, still claimed by my sister, as her name carved in the closet door states.

you can shop the look of this room right here!  but here is a list of some of the resources :

paint /  winter wheat by benjamin moore /chalkboard paint
bunk beds  land of nod
light fixture/ up and atom light fixture
wire baskets / land of nod
desk /  little sloan leaning desk
desk chair / class act desk chair
rug / chevron and on rug in grey
robot drawings / hand drawn by luke, age 7 (he was super proud and i was too)
window shades / the home depot
string lights / ikea
the mouse hole / this was a super fun addition we recently made connecting the boys room to the nursery.  the kids think it’s so fun to crawl through and i think it just adds an extra touch of magic.

i’ll be wrapping up the room tours next week with my dining room/playroom.  (and again…. if you have e-mailed me with a question or left a comment, i promise i will get back to you).

images courtesy of Land of Nod

14 Comments

commented on February 13th 2013 at 9:14am

I’m glad you mentioned that Luke did the robot drawings. I was wondering about that the whole time I was scrolling down. He SHOULD be proud!! Those drawings are amazing. Tons of details and pattern. Quite a little artist. I’m a fan, already!

replied on February 13th, 2013 at 2:25pm

thank you! a day or so before the photo shoot he went missing and came out and said look what i did. i’m so glad they made it in the catalog. he was super exited! xo . t

commented on February 13th 2013 at 10:22am

I could not be any more in love with this space!!! It really is too good to be true.

commented on February 13th 2013 at 11:34am

What a fun idea! I bet the kids love it.

replied on February 13th, 2013 at 2:23pm

thanks, cori! yes, they are having so much fun with it!

commented on February 13th 2013 at 1:06pm

What a beautiful way to have the home change and shift over time. I love the little archway and the chalk wall. So much fun! Are the string lights LED powered?

replied on February 13th, 2013 at 2:23pm

thank you whitney! i don’t think the lights are LED. they are a few years old. they have more of the warm yellow glow.

commented on February 13th 2013 at 3:22pm

I love the tunnel/kid size mouse door. Where does it go? Did you create it? Was it easy to make or do recommend hiring a professional? I love that your house is FUN!

replied on February 18th, 2013 at 9:49am

thank you, theresa! it’s my goal to make our house a very fun one! the mouse hole connects to my youngest boys room. i designed it but i hired a professional. i don’t think it would be too difficult for a person who is really handy or can do drywall. xo . t

commented on February 13th 2013 at 11:56pm

Could you provide the source for the wire wall baskets? They are so great!

replied on February 18th, 2013 at 9:46am

they are from the land of nod : http://www.landofnod.com/mcneilly-family/our-stories/down-to-the-wire-storage-collection/f10801 and i absolutely LOVE them! xo . t

commented on February 21st 2013 at 4:35am

Lovely pics and cute babies! Just found you and I’m following via bloglovin’!

commented on March 5th 2013 at 7:33am

I would like to know where can I buy your items in Italy.
Thanks

replied on March 5th, 2013 at 10:02am

you can buy the items featured in my home through the land of nod website. i believe they ship internationally : http://www.landofnod.com/mcneilly-family/our-stories/1
xo . t