1 /2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6
it’s raining and chilly here, but i am stuck on curb appeal today. when it comes to adorning the exterior, my mind always starts with front doors and flowers. i’ve long been a fan of pretty painted doors. they always grab my attention (blue, black, yellow and pink are perfect shades). but, beyond the paint i’m always drawn to the details on the doors. things like door knockers, brass house numbers, unconventional door knobs and wreaths that look like they’ve been strung together from your wild garden out back. details like this are the perfect adornment.
while flowers have been slow to bloom around here, i’ve been looking around the wreath depot for some light and airy floral inspiration. my favorites are from their spring front door collection (my favorites shown above) and i love their great selection of lavender wreaths too (because lavender smells sooo good). all of these wreaths would work great outdoors or indoors.
here is too more flowers and fabulous front doors!
this post is in collaboration with the wreath depot. opinions are my own.
when i was in england last week i was totally taken by the wisteria growing wildly on houses and buildings. this is going on my one day some day list.
sweet little pathways and decorated porches. bunting, bells and lights. looks like happy lives here to me.
a painted door, a fabulous door knocker and a seriously very cool, very british, door knob (can we get ones like these in america?). yes, please!
the novogratz great barrington home has been a favorite of mine for years and the front entry way in particular. yes, it needs a paint job (mine house does too – and probably yours), but that that doesn’t stop them from hanging a beautiulf light fixture and striped drapes. an indoor looking light fixture and drapes in an entry way. a worn, lived in, totally imperfect outside adorned with unexpected details is. that is always the best kind of style! lived in. unexpected details. perfectly imperfect.
do you feel like your home has curb appeal? do you plan to do any adorning this spring?
images / pinterest / apartment therapy / future domestic goddess / yossawat
these british surfing landscapes, which are insanely gorgeous.
this shelf with leather straps that looks like an easy DIY.
avocado hummus. two of my favorite things combined.
a door within a door. i love this as much as mini door way.
+ + +
what are you loving this week?
a few ideas for mother’s day. for your mom, for you, for your hubby to have sneak peek at.
mother’s day always sneaks up on me. probably because i don’t have to prepare for it (best holiday ever). i love thinking about what to give, but, lets be honest, i also like creating my own little wish list. so, with wish lists in mind, i thought i’d create a little board for you. you know, to cleverly pass along to your honey or leave open on your computer screen. i mean, just in case he asked for some ideas. or, in case, you need ideas for your mom. here goes :
1. long bar earrings / if you want to go fancy, than i would fancy these. they are modern and elegant.
2. mid city tote / because every mom’s bag has to be big. this is super cool because it can be big or small. good for diapers or date nights.
3. i’m very busy ipad case / because, of course you are! and because it’s super cute! i’m crazy about the charger kit + their shazam phone case , which i have.
4. clear sunnies / sunny and clear skies await you, even when your eyes are tired.
5. prtty peauhsun tight body lotion / i love lotions and promising potions. i’d really like to try this tightening and tinting one.
6. memphis cushion / little pops of pretty go a very long way!
7. raw gemstone ring / lately it’s the unpolished that has been standing out to me. you don’t have to be shiny to shine.
8. driftwood lamp / how pretty is this lamp? i’m imagining it in a secret little getaway reading spot.
9. fit bit / this is on my wish list. while i move around a lot as a mom, i need to work on just moving for myself (ahem – exercise)
and, for handmade gift ideas click here. i’m particularly fond of this unicorn mug, because if your mornings are anything like mine than you might need a little magic mixed with your coffee.
what are you giving this mother’s day or wishing for?
this post is in collaboration with uncommon goods. all opinions are my own.
bri’s bedroom makeover decorated by victoria. so many perfect details.
modern pb+j / sea salt almond honey almond butter + macerated berries
that there is a word for this. i mean i always just wondered if i was the only one seeing stars.
clemence posey. her style is so natural. love her long hair + short hair.
rose covered houses. one day. some day.
+ + +
what are you loving this week?